The Magic of Sleep DK 2021
About The Magic of Sleep
Dive into the weird and wonderful world of sleep, from the science behind dreams to a peek into animal sleeping habits, in this incredible book for children aged 7 to 9.
We spend about 26 years of our lives sleeping, but how much do you really know about what happens when your head hits the pillow? Flick through the charming illustrated pages and discover:
– What is sleep, and why do we need it?
– Who’s still awake across the globe when you are tucked up in bed?
– The history of sleep, including the evolution of the bed and the significance of dreams in myths and legends
– How does sleep differ in the animal kingdom? From polyphasic sleeping lions and nocturnal raccoons to birds high in the sky and whales in the ocean
– What happens to plants when the sun sets?
– Practical tips and tricks to help you improve your bedtime routine
The Magic of Sleep answers all your questions about what goes on in your head when you snooze, including the difference between light and deep sleep, where dreams come from, and how essential sleep is to staying healthy. Discover fascinating facts about how people slept in the past, and how people sleep in different ways around the world. Did you know that the oldest mattress was found in South Africa and is 77,000 years old? Vivid and engaging illustrations by Vicky Woodgate bring the topic to life.
As well as humans, learn about the sleeping habits of other animals, from bears hibernating to how bats sleep upside down. Even plants sleep! Finally, learn how you can get a proper night’s sleep with practical tips and ideas for meditation to calm your mind before bedtime. This book is ideal for children who have difficulty getting to sleep, as well as anyone who wants to learn more about how our brains and bodies work.
儿童英语PDF【Kidspdf.com】 » The Magic of Sleep DK 2021
- 理论上来说正常付款后不会出现此类问题，但是也会有部分用户因为网络等原因导致在付款的过程中会有一些小插曲。如果出现类似问题，大可不必惊慌，本站所有支付都会生成订单，不管成功还是失败，所以如果真正遇到网络问题导致付款失败您又不知道是否成功时，请提供 "付款凭证+个人中心用户名" 截图给在线QQ客服处理。